Publications in Press
7: Publications in Press
- 7.1 Exploring Diversity in the Ceramic Assemblage from the 1992–1996 Excavations at Schela Cladovei, Romania (To appear in Bonsall, C. & Boroneant, V. (eds.) The Mesolithic – Neolithic transition in the Iron Gates Gorge and the Schela Cladovei excavations.)
- 7.2 (with Honch, N., Higham, T., Gaydarska, B., Todorova, H., Slavchev, V., Yordanov, Y. and Dimitrova, B.) Pontic chronologies and diets: a scientific framework for understanding the Durankulak and Varna I cemeteries, Bulgaria. (To appear in Nikolova, L. (ed.) Circumpontica. Oxford: Archaeopress.)
- 7.3 (with Gaydarska, B., Todorova, H. & Dimov, T.) The biographies of Spondylus shell rings: transformation, revelation, fragmentation and deposition at the Neolithic and Eneolithic cemetery of Durankulak (North East Bulgaria). (To appear in Choyke, A. & Zidarov, P. (eds.) Proceedings of the Veliko Trnovo Worked Bone Conference.)
- 7.4 (with Gaydarska, B., Skafida, E. & Souvatzi, S.) Personhood and the life cycle of Spondylus rings: an example from Late Neolithic Dimini, Greece. (Submitted to Ifantidis, F. & Nikolaidou, M. (eds.) Recent Spondylus research. BAR I-xxxx. Oxford: Archaeopress)
- 7.5 A Tale of two cemeteries – Cernica and Varasti. (To appear in Eugen Comsa Memorial Volume, Bucuresti).
- 7.6 From Varna to Brittany via Csoszhalom – was there a ‘Varna effect’? (To appear in Anders, A. (ed.) Pál Raczky Festschrift. Budapest).
- 7.7 (with Gaydarska, B.) Spondylus gaederopus / Glycymeris exchange networks in the European Neolithic and Chalcolithic. (To appear in Hofmann, D., Fowler, C. & Harding, J. (eds.) Handbook of the European Neolithic. London: Routledge).
- 7.8 The Balkan Neolithic and Chalcolithic. (To appear in Hofmann, D., Fowler, C. & Harding, J. (eds.) Handbook of the European Neolithic. London: Routledge).
- 7.9 Enchantment and enchainment in later Balkan prehistory- towards an aesthetics of precision and geometric order. (To appear in The Dynamics of Neolithisation in Europe: Studies in Honour of Andrew Sherratt. Oxford: Oxbow Books).
- 7.10 (with Gaydarska, B.) Can we reconcile individualization with relational personhood? A case study from the Early Neolithic. (To appear in Documenta Praehistorica for 2011).
Top of Page
8: Publications in Preparation
- 8.1 (with Higham, T. & Gaydarska, B.) The AMS 14-C dates for the Varna Eneolithic cemetery. (To appear in Slavchev, V. (ed.) The Varna Eneolithic cemetery. The Final Report.)
- 8.2 (with Gaydarska, B.) The shell ornaments in the Varna Eneolithic cemetery. (To appear in Slavchev, V. (ed.) The Varna Eneolithic cemetery. The Final Report.)
- 8.3 The Early Neolithic pottery from Lunca – Poiana Slatinei. (To appear in Dumitroaia, Gh. (ed.) Prehistoric and later exploitation of the salt source of Lunca – Poiana Slatinei The Final Report. Piatra Neamt.)
- 8.4 (with Gaydarska, B.) Megaliths unheeded: towards an archaeology of Islam in South East Europe. (To appear as an Oxford University Press monograph)
- 8.5 (with Videiko, M., Gaydarska, B., Burdo, N. & Krementski, K.) The Tripolye mega-site of Nebelivka: field results from summer 2009 (to appear on the ‘Antiquity’ web-page).
Top of Page